Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

The MMU Herald #1

Greetings and welcome once again, to my blog. For today, I would like to officially announce the official opening of the new series entitled "The MMU Herald" in which all the events I participate in, witness or happen to know of will be blogged into this blog. So, without further delay, I would like to present to you the very first topic of this online newsletter!

On the 20th April 2010, the Language & Cultural Carnival + Drama Fest event was held. The event basically, to my understanding is mostly related to the Foundation students assignment which was to participate in a drama competition, where the finals will be held live on stage during the Drama Fest night. So basically, every 3rd semester students will have to participate in it(including me later on). I decided to watch it because my friend actually entered the finals but in the end obtained 2nd place, which is seriously quite a good achievement.=)

So during the night, there were loads of mind blowing performances. For example, as a starter, we had the MMU Chinese Orchestra playing 2 songs, in which one of them was Doraemon theme song, and the other, Running Horses. The MMU Orchestra did give me a feeling of when I was back in SMI in the hall listening to the Michaelian Chinese Orchestra performing=). After that, we also had rappers performing. Now the thing is that, I must say their acting skills and style is superb..It's like a live Akon hipping on the stage, but I can't hear them rapping. All I could hear and see was the rappers spitting onto the mikes...=.-"..Here are some photos of them rapping. Enjoy=)



During intervals, we of course, had the drama competition between 3 drama groups. 2 from Malacca campus, and 1 from the Cyberjaya campus. I must say, they all performed extraordinarily well.=) Kudos to the actors and actress. And after that, we also had lucky draws which really pumped me up. why? It's cause my brother happened strike one of the lucky draws and I was like "OMG..when's my turn?"..unfortunately, I missed it by an ant's hole. =.="..Sigh, it really got me pumping. Well anyway, he just won a RM20 Jusco voucher so it's nothing much anyway. They also had loads of cooler lucky draw prizes like a free coupon to stay in Equatorial Hotel for 1 night and so on.

Not to forget, the crowd was also mesmerized by the performance of the Jumbo Bro's. A group of cynical jokers who pumped the crowd to it;s maximum level. (Actually, most of them are my friends =.="). The video of them performing is on facebook and i'll try to get it if possible. It was really really funny! The amount of jokes and funny dancing moves they put in that performance can put you down into tears!=)

Overall, it was really a night to remember=).

I can't wait for the next Drama Fest Next Year, It'll be a bigger blast!

So thats all and till the next update=)


bye~

0 comments: